Monday, March 23, 2009

The Beast

I scream in the air, curse at the sky.
Angry filled fury, ready to die.

I fight and I kick, not holding back.
Down on my knees, ready to attack.

I strike at the ground, pound on my chest.
Fight to the death, I give it my best.

Violence unleashed, rage in my heart.
Control the beast, must play it smart.

Flesh is gashed, blood is spilled.
Instincts take over, do not get killed.

I ravage my enemy, take his last breath.
Life is my reward, his is death.

The crowd clears away, I return to my den.
Rest and recover, before it begins again.

1 comment:

Cora Martin said...

Hello Jay:
I've read all of your poems...I find them all to be very deep almost dark. However, I suppose that like me...you write from where you are, have been or about to travel. I'm a born-again, Spirit-filled Christian female who truly loves the Lord and His word. He is faithful to keep His promises...this is know because of what He has done and continues to do for me. He gives peace, joy and happiness to all who will trust in Him.

Cora Martin
http://joyfulbits.blogspot.com