Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Canvas

An empty stare of sadness fills my heart.

I look through my eyes as though I have already passed.

Black and gray shadows cast upon a once vibrant canvas.

How did this happen?

What waste of life have I become?

A tortured soul left to rot in this shell of a man.

The world continues forward, yet I remain still.

Stuck in this darkness, this lost realm of despair.

Falling faster and faster into the unknown.

Oh how I miss the color.

That burning passion to thrive and experience all that is real.

Forever pleading with myself not to give up.

Searching for that one speck of light.

A single drop of hope.

But alas there is none.

I am but a dried-up paint set without a story.

A canvas that has been whitewashed and discarded.

Forever in black and gray shadows I shall remain.

No comments: